Search This Blog

Friday, December 7, 2018

Merry December!!!!

Hello all!!

This week was a good week!!

Tuesday we went and built a snowman on the green in South Royalton and it was so much fun!! His name was Elder Snow and he was a beautiful Snowman! Sadly he was murdered sometime between Thursday evening and Friday Morning. May he rest in peace 🙏

Friday we went around talking to people and had a really good lesson with this cute family!! They are going through some really hard trials but we were able to have a good lesson and go see them!!

Saturday was the worldwide day of service!! We drove down to Woodstock for the very first time to volunteer there. On the way down we got very lost and our GPS took us to this weird place. We went up to this house to knock on the door and ask for directions and when we got out of the car something just felt very off. Almost like we were in a ghost town. It was so incredibly silent that all you could hear was the crunch of our boots in the snow and nobody answered the door. So we drove down a little bit and fount a maple farm. So we parked the car and walked over to this store area and there was just this huge empty barn with no one and nothing inside except a single shelf with bottled maple syrup and an open cash box where you leave your money. Anyways we were able to find one person in this entire town and ask him for directions haha, but it was fun!! We ended up driving about 120 miles around our area 😲 It was crazy!! We also hacked at some ice on the stairs up to a young mom's apartment for her. Her steps were covered with like 2 feet of snow and 2 inches of ice under that! So we hacked at it for an hour and I broke the shovel I was using, but we got it all cleared!!! That evening we went to the Memorial and helped out up there!

Sunday we woke up and Church was cancelled, so we went to Catholic Mass instead! Haha!! It was a lot of fun! We went with this young family that we are trying to teach and it was a lot of fun! It was so interesting to see how other church's do things!! After mass we went to this families home and visited with them for a little while before going to a mini sacrament meeting with all the senior missionaries. It was a lot of fun and we sang! After that we went and visited some ward members and finished off the night!! 

Today we did normal shopping and cleaning and such and as I was leaving to come down here I sliced my thumb with the top of a can so that was fun and it started to bleed a lot, but I think I'm fine haha!! I haven't fainted yet!!

This week I was thinking about this quote from Joy D. Jones' talk in women's conference.
.
“If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Be kind anyway. What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight. Build anyway. The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow. Do good anyway. Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough. Give the world the best you’ve got anyway. You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and your God … anyway.”

My Dad shared this quote with me right after conference and I just love this because sometimes I let my fear of whatever overcome my faith, but I know that as we follow God and as we turn to him and do what He would have us do we are happier and more full because of it!!!

I love y'all so much!! Have a wonderful week!!

Sister Warburton

Christmas lights at the memorial!!
Elder Snow and me
Shoveling/hacking at ice!!
Fun Christmas tree
Mourning Elder Snow's death
Elder Snow, Sister Nye and me :D













No comments:

Post a Comment